Write For Us
The Argo Swim Video blog is always looking for great guest contributions.
- Generally, we are looking for short, bite sized pieces; no long form please.
- Let your goal be to create a great resource for swimmers, coaches and parents.
- Focus on making this resource both informative and entertaining.
- Whether you’re an experienced writer or just starting out we’d love to hear from you
Details and Rules of the Road
- Draw on any previous posts, tutorials and how-tos you may have created.
- Imagine the very thing that will help a swimmer or coach become more engaged.
- The content needs to be original. As in, never before published anywhere else.
- Putting other people’s work in quotes is a good way to indicate it’s a reference.
- We pay for accepted content: $100 on day of publication.
- 500-1000 words; no more, no less.
- We are a video Company; please use it whenever possible.
- Cell phone video clips, action or interview, can telegraph humility & relevance.
- Examples examples, examples; readers love examples.
- Use internal links to other content on our site; this shows us you love us.
- If an expression or piece of advice sounds obvious, trite or overused, delete it.
- Thoughtful and eye-catching headings and subheadings are a must.
You are allowed one link to your website in the bio box. Keyword-optimized links are not allowed. Here’s an example:
Acceptance to Publication
We screen all submissions carefully and this takes time. Please be patient.
- It generally takes us 10 days from submission to acceptance.
- It can take up to a month before accepted work is published.
- Make sure to use the word “snap” somewhere in your submission.
- This let’s us know you’ve read the guidelines.
- We’re doing Ctrl+F on all submissions; no “snap”, no acceptance.
Give Us Your Outline
- Use the form below to submit 3 headlines; distinct ideas that you think will work.
- Provide 1-2 sentences for each, explaining your writing plan and the benefits.
- Send your 3 headline-concepts with accompanying explainers.
- Also include 3 links to your previous work.
- Do not send complete articles.
- We will review and get back to you as quickly as we can.
Ready to get started? Fill out the form below.